Nowadays, a trip overseas is incomplete without photos of fascinating architecture and historical monuments. But how can you make your photo stand out from the usual shots that we see online and in stock photos?
Snapchat has set out to enable Snapchatters to express their fresh and unique perspective of these attractions through Landmarkers – transforming more of the world’s most iconic landmarks with augmented reality.
Landmarkers, which was introduced earlier this year, is location-based. The app will let you know if you’re near a Landmarker to use the Lenses, as long as Snapchat is open on your device, so you won’t miss out on a landmark opportunity.
Today, Snapchat will be rolling out 14 new Landmarkers, and Snapchatters visiting these physical locations will be able to experience them:
- Arc de Triomphe – Paris, France
- Astronomical Clock – Prague, Czech Republic
- Brandenburg Gate – Berlin, Germany
- El Castillo – Chichen Itza, Mexico
- Galata Tower – Istanbul, Turkey
- Gateway of India – Mumbai, India
- Leaning Tower of Pisa – Pisa, Italy
- Natural History Museum – London, UK
- Neues Rathaus – Munich, Germany
- Qasr Al-Farid – Mada’in Saleh, Saudi Arabia
- Great Sphinx of Giza – Giza, Egypt
- Statue of Liberty – United States
- Taj Mahal – Agra, India
- Tower Bridge – London, UK
If you’re travelling to any of these places in the future, be sure to check out how each of these iconic landmarks can be transformed with Snapchat!
Looking to make your photo even more unique? You can create a Lens of your own on the Lens Studio 2.1– a free desktop app that makes it possible for anyone to build AR for Snapchat – and share it with the world so they can see the world through your lens, literally!
For more information about Lens Studio 2.1, you should check out lensstudio.snapchat.com.