There’s something for everyone in Overwatch 2: Invasion, the latest release for Blizzard Entertainment’s cross-platform, team-based action game.
Starting today, players can join the heroes answering the call to save the world with three Overwatch 2: Invasion Story Missions, enter the fray with the new Peruvian support hero Illari, test their mettle on two huge maps in the new Flashpoint PvP mode, and much more.
“Invasion is a massive moment for Overwatch 2, with more types of new gameplay being released at one time than ever before, as well as the addition of a new platform for PC with Steam.
Whether you enjoy competitive PvP experiences, dynamic hero personalities, playing alongside friends, or exploring the stories of Overwatch’s vision of near-future Earth, there’s truly something for everyone in Overwatch 2: Invasion.” – – Jared Neuss, Overwatch Executive Producer.
Today’s update includes:
- Overwatch 2: Invasion Story Missions: Players will travel to Rio, Toronto, and Gothenburg as they explore the beginning of the story of Overwatch 2. Featuring all-new cinematics and hundreds of new voice lines, players can explore the start of the Overwatch 2 storyline with friends.
- New Support hero, Illari: The 38th hero to join the game’s roster, Illari is Overwatch’s first Peruvian hero. Drawing her power from the sun, her medium- and long-range abilities allow her to both heal and harm as she sees fit.
- New PvP mode, Flashpoint: Two new maps enter the PvP rotation with Flashpoint—Suravasa and New Junk City! Players will fight for capture points in this non-linear PvP map experience, testing team coordination and creativity in brand-new ways across Overwatch 2’s largest PvP maps ever.
- Underworld co-op mission: Join your friends in a limited-time Event mission that takes place in a previously unexplored area of King’s Row and face-off against new enemies from Null Sector. Weekly modifiers will be applied, giving players new challenges all season long!
- New Hero Progression System: Gain experience with your favorite heroes and progress your overall player level to earn unique Name Cards and other rewards. The new progression system tracks and displays players’ gameplay style and progress for each of the game’s 38 heroes through an all-new interface.
For more information, head to the Overwatch 2 website.