Cyberjaya Multimedia Festival (CMF) is back once again – this time, even bigger and better! Brought to you by master developers of Cyberjaya, Setia Haruman, the event is set to happen on the 7th of September at Tamarind Square, Cyberjaya.
As last year, the event will mark the finale of Southeast Asia’s Kre8tif! Conference and Content Festival.
Living up to this year’s theme, ‘’Light Up!”, the full-day event sees the coming together of arts, animation, and music, promising a carnival-like atmosphere with fun activities for all age groups to enjoy.
5 Reasons Why You Should Not Miss the Cyberjaya Multimedia Festival 2019 (CMF 2019)
What makes it different and why must you be there? Here are 5 reasons why you can’t afford to miss out on the Cyberjaya Multimedia Festival, Light Up!
1. An Immersive Experience With Projection Mapping – a first for Tamarind Square. One of the current trends in the world of creative arts and performances is Projection mapping.
It’s simple yet pulsating ability is elevating festival experiences worldwide. For the uninformed, projection mapping is a visual technique that uses a projector to turn any surface into a scintillating visual display.
Curated entirely by the multifaceted, Saishogen, a group featuring local creative talents, the event marks the first time projection mapping elements are featured in tamarind square, Cyberjaya.
Get ready to be enthralled by the captivating brilliance of projection mapping as it is all set to Light up! Tamarind Square like never before.
2. An Epic Lineup of Music Performances – Well, what’s a festival without some music? The Light Up! Cyberjaya Multimedia Festival has an impressive lineup featuring some of the best local acts in the music industry which includes the well-known alternative rock band, Azlan the Typewriter, R&B and electro-pop singer, Leaism and folk musical trio, The Impatient Sisters.
On top of this, prominent Disk Jockey, DJ Public School, will be spinning on the decks to end the night with a high-octane performance. Be sure to get your dancing shoes on and dance the night away.
3. Activate Lights At The Event With Your Tweets – Yes, you read that right! One of the highlights of this year’s CMF is an interactive light installation which gives full-freedom for attendees to dictate the colour displays installation via live tweets.
Tapping into the endless possibilities of the Internet of Things (IoT), the event adds an experiential twist to conventional light installation by allowing visitors to light up the installation according to the colour stated in their tweets.
For instance, if a tweet reads, ‘#light up! Yellow’, then the official event signage will instantly turn YELLOW! Curious to figure out how this works? Come and experience the magic for yourself.
4. A Fun-filled Carnival Atmosphere with Something for Everyone – On top of all the fun events that are lined up, the event will also feature free movie screenings, an array of food trucks and other mini activities for everyone to participate.
From the youngins to the oldheads the event is set to please everyone’s appetite.
There will be free movie screenings of Boboiboy The Movie, Shazam and Alita! Battle Angel and specially for the younger ones, the event also has mascot appearances and sing along sessions featuring much-loved local animation favourites such as Boboiboy, Didi & Friends, Ejen Ali, Omar & Hana and more
5. AAAAND IT’S FREE! – How much is the entrance fee for the event, you ask? Well, here’s reason number 5 then! The event is totally FREE for everyone to join. All you have to do is just register via the link provided below and you’re all set.
There you have it! An epic event awaits you – register today at https://eventboxasia.com/event/cyberjaya-multimedia-festival-2019-light-up. For further information about Cyberjaya Multimedia Festival 2019, check out Setia Haruman’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/setiaharuman/