Renowned inflight service provider Santan, is proud to announce ‘The Next Big Thing,’ – an exciting initiative spotlighting Malaysia’s finest local brands, enriching the passenger experience on AirAsia and Airasia X flights.
The initiative, featured in Santan’s latest inflight magazine on board AirAsia flights, highlights exceptional Malaysian businesses, from artisanal delights to cutting-edge innovations.
Passengers will discover and have the opportunity to support these outstanding local enterprises while enjoying their flight experience.
Driven by a deep commitment to celebrate Malaysian culture and craftsmanship, Santan’s General Manager, Catherine Goh said,
“Our dedication goes beyond mere words; we’re devoted to showcasing the diverse richness of our local brands, especially at a time when consumers are increasingly drawn to supporting and embracing their homegrown brands.
This campaign meets the global thirst for authenticity and exclusivity, offering passengers an exceptional voyage through our local brands.
We’re excited to introduce a thoughtfully curated selection of local heroes onboard. Each latest edition of our inflight magazine will spotlight the most exceptional businesses, promising a one-of-a-kind culinary and cultural journey for our passengers.”
Featured local brands available for purchase on all AirAsia and Airasia X flights from 15th December 2023 include:
- Jovian: Renowned designer Dato Jovian Mandagie’s unique collaboration with AirAsia, offering exclusive fashion creations mid-flight, including stylish Hijabs, multifunction shopping bags, and luxurious fragrances.
- Petit Moi: Crafting timeless, high-quality pieces that evoke joy for life, offering accessible luxury in childrenswear and expanded adult lines.
- Gigi: A revolutionary oral care brand offering 100% vegan, cruelty-free products formulated with natural goodness for optimal dental benefits.
- Chuck’s: A Malaysian beauty brand with award-winning products made in Korea, serving as a skincare haven for beauty enthusiasts.
- The StreetPaw: A social enterprise leading the pet humanization movement, championing support for homeless animals and pets by selling pet meals. 20% of the profits earned contribute to shelters, ensuring a sustainable income to aid their stray dog effort
- Legendary Malaysia: Inspired by Malaysian culture and heritage, creating iconic fragrances sought after globally.
- JYNN’s Malaysia: An international health and wellness brand focused on Malaysia’s superfoods for everyone’s health and well-being.
- Owlet: Making premium fragrances accessible, crafting scents that tell stories of individuality and style.
- ASK Fragrance: A scent crafted by AirAsia’s long-serving and immensely popular cabin crew executive, Armand. Inspired by the iconic AirAsia uniform, the bottle’s design pays homage to the airline’s distinctive attire, symbolizing a celebration of the universal language of the heart.
- Empro: A leading company in the Health and Beauty industry, dedicated to enhancing the well-being and confidence of individuals through a range of skincare, cosmetic, healthcare, and embroidery services.
- Zus Coffee: Redefining coffee consumption with specialty coffee accessible for everyone.
Adding to this stellar lineup, Santan introduces Penang Teochew Chendul, a truly Malaysian addition and touted as the country’s signature dessert.
his collaboration with Penang Chendul, a renowned brand dating back to Penang Road in 1936 pays homage to their rich traditions, offering passengers a menu that resonates with heritage and authentic flavors.
Priced at only RM10, this special iced sweet dessert is available on all AirAsia (AK) flights.
“We are proud to collaborate with Penang Chendul, a name steeped in heritage. Ensuring the same exceptional quality and taste at 35,000 feet was a responsibility we embraced and we are delighted to affirm that the Chendul experience onboard matches the one savored locally in Penang,” – Catherine.
The products from these brands are currently available for purchase on all AirAsia and AirAsia X flights until March 2024, while stocks last.